Spilling water, soda, juce, or any other liquid on your laptop can ruin your day. CCW Technology in South Jordan (Salt Lake City), Utah can help.
First – Try these tips:
1. Shut down the computer immediately! (unplug and pull out the battery) – Do this only if it is safe to do so. Make sure you check to see if you can do so without putting yourself at risk of electrocution.
2. Wipe up any liquid. Tilt the computer to the side to drain any liquids. Be patient, it may take time for everything to drain.
3. Remove any removable parts from the laptop, including the power cord, printer and mouse cables, the floppy drive, CD drive, modem cards and battery. Do not disassemble the laptop body to remove internal parts.
4. Once the parts are removed, gently lift the computer and turn it to the side and upside down to drain any liquid. Tilt the computer in a variety of directions to verify that there are no pools of liquid lurking, but be careful not to shake it or handle it roughly.
5. Repeat with any external drives or other removable parts.
6. Use a hair dryer on a cool setting to dry the laptop and its parts if you can.
7.Allow the computer and its removable parts to dry for at least 24 hours before you reassemble it and turn it back on.
8.If the computer does not work properly or does not turn on, bring it to a computer repair professional, although the damage might be irreparable. Spills are one of the leading causes of laptop deaths.
CCW Technology computer repair in South Jordan Utah can help! We can give you a low cost estimate on repair of your laptop due to spills or water damage. Call us today at 801-410-0203.
CCW Technology Computer Repair
South Jordan, UT